The Limestone County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a man who it says faked a judge’s signature.
Micah Dewayne “Donald” Garren-Bancroft, 58, of Tanner was arrested Sunday for allegedly forging Judge Matthew Huggins’ signature on a phony court order which he issued to the victim’s attorney demanding the victim to release “tools, equipment, furniture, and other assets” to the him as part of a case in small claims court, said Stephen Young, sheriff’s office spokesperson.
Garren-Bancroft was charged with possession of a forged instrument.
Young said on May 5 the sheriff’s office took a report of a forged court order from Huggins’ office.
The forged court order had Huggins’ electronic signature and was served on the victim by the suspect, Young said.
Investigators found that Garren-Bancroft had a current case in small claims court against the victim in which Garren-Bancroft had received a default judgement in his favor to receive funds from the case.
The forged court order was a “Notice of Seizure” and ordered the victim to release assets to the suspect, including “tools, equipment, furniture, and other assets.”
After the victim provided the order to his attorney, the attorney’s office discovered the forged court order and advised the victim to file the report with the sheriff’s office. Investigators found probable cause to obtain a warrant for Garren-Bancroft.
He then was taken into custody Sunday on a traffic stop.
- Limestone County sheriff’s office says Tanner man faked judge’s signature
- Limestone County judges remove themselves from sheriff’s criminal case
- Sheriff's office, legal team talk after Limestone County sheriff indicted
- Limestone County judge arrested on multiple charges
- Limestone County Sheriff's Office advising drivers to slow down
- Child hit by vehicle near Limestone County Sheriff's Office
- Limestone County Sheriff's Office asks: Are these your goats?
- Limestone County Sheriff's Office cancels goat sale after finding owner
- Limestone County Sheriff's Office upgrading body camera technology
- Limestone County Sheriff's Office investigating after jewelry stolen from home