UPDATE: We've been told the owner of the horse (Buckshack is his name) is out of town, but a neighbor has taken the horse to keep until they return.
Prior to this, the horse ran out in front of a vehicle and was hit, causing slight damage to the vehicle. The horse continued running. We're told he's OK.
“I didn’t see him coming. I couldn’t swerve because there was another gentleman passing me, and I would’ve hit him. So, it was either hit the horse or hit the car," said Susan Coffman, the driver of the vehicle. “I’m grateful it was just me. It could’ve been different. If my daughter had been in the car, I know it would’ve scared her really badly, because it hit on the passenger side.”
The Limestone County Sheriff’s Office isn’t always just on the hunt for criminals.
The office took to Twitter Friday trying to locate the owner of the horse in this photo.
The horse was found on Bethel Road near Lambert Road.
If you can help reunite the horse and its owner, call 256-232-0111 with information.
- Limestone County sheriff IDs owner of runaway mini horse
- Limestone County sheriff: Help reunite horse with its owner
- Limestone County sheriff: Do you know the owner of this horse?
- Owner of pony sought in Limestone County
- Limestone County sheriff seeks honey bun bandit
- Limestone County sheriff seeks property damage suspect
- Limestone County Sheriff's Office advising drivers to slow down
- Limestone County Sheriff sworn in for tenth consecutive term
- Limestone County sheriff seeks Sunday morning burglary suspect
- Limestone County sheriff: 1 dead after apparent property dispute