UPDATE: ( 5:30 p.m.) According to the Limestone County Sheriff's Office, a vehicle was also seized, and Billy Howell, 47, of Elkmont was arrested Monday and will face additional charges.
On Tuesday, investigators with the Limestone County Sheriff's Office seized $4,400 in cash and nearly $23,000 in counterfeit bills while executing a search warrant at a home.
The sheriff's office says this is an ongoing problem in the county, and people should check their bills for a watermark and magnetic strip.
- Limestone County sheriff seizes thousands in fake bills, urges wallet checks
- Colbert Co. Sheriff warns of fake check scams
- Limestone County sheriff’s office says Tanner man faked judge’s signature
- Limestone County sheriff says fake deputies are real, social media post is false
- 2 arrested in largest ever Limestone County fake money bust
- Limestone County sheriff seeks honey bun bandit
- Limestone County sheriff seeks property damage suspect
- Limestone County sheriff: Mother/daughter duo steals thousands from father/grandfather
- Limestone County sheriff arrests 2 after drugs found during check on baby’s welfare
- Limestone County deputy, commissioner checking on stranded vehicles