A man is in Huntsville Hospital today after law enforcement officials say a homeowner shot him during a home invasion.
The Limestone County Sheriff’s Office says it received a call about midnight that a man had broken into a home on Nick Davis Road. The same suspect is alleged to have wrecked his car on Wells Road about 10 p.m. Monday, before the home invasion.
The suspect was found searching through items in the house after the homeowners heard noise and saw a light on.
The man grabbed his gun and went to check it out. There was apparently a scuffle between the homeowner and the suspect, and the man shot the suspect, according to the sheriff’s office.
The sheriff’s office said the suspect was taken to Huntsville Hospital. Information on his condition has not been released.
Stay with WAAY 31 on air and WAAYTV.com online for updates to this story.
- Limestone County sheriff: Homeowner shoots home invasion suspect
- Homeowners concerned with dangerous Limestone County intersection
- Limestone County sheriff seeks property damage suspect
- Limestone County home invasion suspect arrested after recovering in the hospital
- Courtland home invasion led to deadly shooting
- Limestone County sheriff seeks Sunday morning burglary suspect
- Limestone County sheriff seeks multiple vehicle break-in suspects
- Limestone County sheriff: Theft suspect followed deliveries, snatched packages
- Limestone County sheriff: Suspect fed meth to ‘attack squirrel’
- Limestone County sheriff wants help identifying two burglary suspects