An Elkmont man went to jail Monday night after Limestone County authorities said he fought with deputies and kicked out the window of a patrol vehicle.
Vincent Arteaga, 39, was intoxicated and arguing with a woman who called Limestone County Sheriff's Office deputies to a home in the 12000 block of Elk River Mills Road around 7 p.m. Monday, deputies said. Arteaga admitted being intoxicated, they said.
Deputies said they saw Arteaga had drug paraphernalia, and they placed him under arrest.
While trying to restrain him, deputies said Arteaga fought against them putting him in the vehicle. He then kicked out the rear passenger glass of the vehicle and kicked and spit at the deputies when they tried to restrain him. He continued to fight after being pepper sprayed, deputies said.
After Arteaga was restrained again, medical personnel came and evaluated him and a deputy, who had a minor hand injury, authorities said.
Arteaga was charged with second-degree assault, destruction of property, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and drug paraphernalia possession. He was jailed on bonds totaling $10,000.
- Limestone County man charged with resisting deputies, kicking out patrol vehicle window
- Man charged with impersonating Limestone County deputy
- Limestone County deputy, commissioner checking on stranded vehicles
- Charges announced for Limestone County vehicle pursuit suspect, girlfriend
- Limestone County sheriff: Man charged with falsely reporting deputy assaulted his mother
- Band trailer, lunchroom windows vandalized at East Limestone High
- Limestone County deputies investigating shooting on Old Railroad Bed Road
- Child hit by vehicle near Limestone County Sheriff's Office
- Limestone County sheriff seeks multiple vehicle break-in suspects
- Man seriously injured in Limestone County crash