Four judges in Limestone County have recused themselves from presiding over the criminal case of Sheriff Mike Blakely.
Circuit Judges Robert Baker and Chad Wise and District Judges Doug Patterson and Matthew Huggins announced their decisions Monday and Tuesday.
Typically, judges recuse themselves due to concerns about being impartial or having a conflict of interest.
Blakely was arrested Thursday after being indicted on 13 counts of theft and ethics charges. (Read more about those charges here)
Blakely continues to serve as Limestone County sheriff.
- Limestone County judges remove themselves from sheriff’s criminal case
- Retired Colbert County judge picked for Limestone County sheriff’s criminal case
- New motions filed in criminal case against Limestone County sheriff
- Judge orders files for Limestone County Sheriff Mike Blakely's criminal case to be sealed
- Limestone County judge pleads not guilty to criminal charge
- Motion to dismiss criminal charges denied for Limestone County sheriff
- About 500 jury summons mailed for Limestone Co. Sheriff's criminal case
- Limestone County judge arrested on multiple charges
- Criminally indicted Limestone County sheriff could use campaign funds to pay legal fees
- Limestone County sheriff pleads not guilty to criminal charges, trial set for March 9