Photo Gallery 1 Images
The Limestone County Sheriff's Office has made a second arrest for a robbery at B&K Grocery in November.
Deputies arrested Matthew Wright in late November. They called him the getaway driver.
Now, another suspect, Jaterrius Burrell, is in the county jail for two counts of robbery first-degree and previous unrelated charges.
The sheriff’s office said surveillance video from B&K Grocery helped in the case. Investigators recognized Burrell because he was already wanted for other crimes.
The sheriff's office said when deputies went to Burrell's last known address, they saw a car with no tag. They connected it to his neighbor, Matthew Wright, who deputies also saw in the video.
Investigators in Ardmore spotted Wright and called Limestone County. He was arrested for two counts of robbery first-degree.
Burrell was arrested Tuesday at the Bonnie Doone apartments in Athens. He's being held on a $200,000 cash bond for the robbery charges. The sheriff's office said the cash bond was set on these charges because he hit the victim during the robbery.
According to the department, Burrell also had multiple alias warrants with Athens police for failure to appear on previous charges. He is ineligible for bond on those charges.
- Limestone County Sheriff's Office makes second arrest for November robbery
- Madison County Sheriff's Office makes murder arrest
- Sheriff's office, legal team talk after Limestone County sheriff indicted
- Limestone County Sheriff's Office searches for suspect in armed robbery of grocery store
- Limestone County Sheriff’s Office seeks ‘armed and dangerous’ robbery suspect
- Limestone County Commission, Sheriff's Office issue statements on arrest of Sheriff Mike Blakely
- Child hit by vehicle near Limestone County Sheriff's Office
- Limestone County Sheriff's Office cancels goat sale after finding owner
- Limestone County Sheriff's Office upgrading body camera technology
- Limestone County Sheriff's Office investigating shooting involving deputies