Limestone County Schools are headed back to school on Wednesday, August 8th, and with that the sherrff's office is reminding people to slow down.
The Limestone County Sheriff's Office released the following safety precautions for drivers:
-Slow down, and pay close attention to the side of the road. Children waiting for buses may venture near or into the roadway.
-Observe and follow posted school zone speeds.
-Do not pass school buses stopped in the roadway when signals are present.
-Do not tailgate buses.
-Do not drive distracted.
Deputies will be monitoring school zones, and their regular patrols.
The seriff's office said, being attentive and careful when driving can prevent a tragedy.
- Limestone County Sheriff's Office advising drivers to slow down
- Sheriff's office, legal team talk after Limestone County sheriff indicted
- Child hit by vehicle near Limestone County Sheriff's Office
- Limestone County Sheriff's Office asks: Are these your goats?
- Limestone County sheriff seeks honey bun bandit
- Limestone County sheriff seeks property damage suspect
- Limestone County Democrats respond to sheriff's indictment
- Limestone County sheriff seeks stolen duck boat
- Limestone County Commission, Sheriff's Office issue statements on arrest of Sheriff Mike Blakely
- Sheriff's Office investigates scams targeting Limestone Co. residents