Today, Limestone County investigators told WAAY 31 what started as a double homicide investigation now looks like a murder-suicide.
Deputies told us there’s no evidence of an intruder or third person inside the home on Airfield Street. Today, investigators identified the men as Adolfo Sanchez-Ocampo and Rigoberto Sanchez-Ocampo.
Neighbors in Elkmont who lived next to Rigoberto Sanchez-Ocampo said they were wondering why they haven't seen him all weekend.
"They've been over there for like 4 years. Real nice neighbors. Real nice," said David Tucker.
David Tucker lived off Clem Road for the past 20 years. He said most people keep to themselves but he and his neighbors always got along.
"If they see you then they wave. They'll say hey. Every time he saw me he'd say, 'Hey Mr. Davie. How are you doing?' They all were nice people," Tucker said.
The Limestone County Sheriff's Office said after digging through evidence, the Airfield Street double murder could be now be a murder-suicide.
The Limestone County Sheriff’s office said Rigoberto Sanchez-Ocampo was at Adolfo’s home Friday night when the shooting started.
Right now, investigators don’t know who started shooting or why it started. Tucker said even without knowing the circumstances, brothers killing each other is heartbreaking.
"These days, it's not like when we growed up. When we growed up, you and your brother got into it and ya'll fought, you know. An hour later, you were brothers again. Now, brothers these days...I don't know. People are just different," Tucker said.
Family members didn't want to go on camera today, but told me both were fathers and always seemed happy.
- Limestone Co. deputies believe double murder could be a murder-suicide
- Update: murder-suicide reported in Limestone County
- Limestone County sheriff: 3 deaths ruled as double murder, suicide involving mother, son
- Friends, neighbors rocked by double murder-suicide in Athens
- Florence man pleads guilty to double murder
- Victims identified in Limestone County triple murder
- Murder-Suicide under investigation in Jackson County
- Athens Police refusing to call double murder-suicide a case of domestic violence
- Person of interest in custody after double murder in Decatur
- Decatur man charged with capital murder in double homicide