Curt Hall Jr. of Athens was arrested Wednesday after stealing a truck from a business Monday night.
Hall is being held in the Limestone County Jail on a $15,750 bond. He is charged with theft 1st degree, 4 counts of breaking and entering a vehicle and criminal trespass 2nd degree.
A report was filed on Tuesday, October 9 that a truck had been stolen overnight on the 29000 Block of Highway 72. Officials found that a lock to the business' yard had been cut and that the gate was open.
The manager of the business told deputies that the stolen vehicle was equipped with GPS tracking and a security camera. Hall had entered four company vehicles from which he stole hand tools, power tools, a water bottle and a box of Chocolate Twinkies.
The business provided law enforcement photos of the suspect driving the vehicle, addresses and graphics of where he stopped, record of his speed and hard brakes and evidence that he did not wear a seatbelt.
Photos of Hall were released on Facebook, and the public helped to identify him. Investigators located him, by using the GPS inside the stolen truck, around 11 a.m. Wednesday walking on Blackburn Road. He had the key to the truck in his pocket and confessed to stealing it.
- Limestone Co. investigators arrest suspect related to vehicle theft
- Limestone County Investigators arrest three on drug related charges
- Five suspects arrested in connection to Limestone Co. theft ring
- Suspect wanted in relation to four-wheeler theft in Limestone Co.
- Three suspects arrested in Decatur after multiple vehicle thefts
- Decatur Police: Suspect arrested for burglary, vehicle theft
- Decatur Police: 2 suspects arrested in vehicle theft
- Videos: Limestone County sheriff seeks Dollar General theft suspect
- Limestone County sheriff: Theft suspect followed deliveries, snatched packages
- Update: Arrest made in Limestone County driveway truck theft