The Morgan Region LifeSouth team celebrated Decatur resident, Ernie Corcoran, on September 12, 2018 at the Decatur Donor Center where he has donated over 100 times.
Corcoran has made 600 platelet donations in his lifetime. According to LifeSouth, he has spent over 1000 hours donating platelets as each donation takes 1.5 to 2 hours to complete.
Eric Francois of LifeSouth says that platelets are most commonly used to help cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. The platelets help form clots to prevent blood loss and can only be donated every two weeks.
- LifeSouth celebrates longtime donor
- LifeSouth hosts first ever blood donor yard sale
- LifeSouth Hosting Summer blood drives
- LifeSouth Blood Bank seeks donations during summer shortage
- LifeSouth Blood Center helps in search for rare blood
- LifeSouth holds blood drive in conjunction with local veterans organizations
- LifeSouth seeking Hurricane Dorian-related blood donations in North Alabama
- Local church hosting organ donor seminar
- Longtime Rep. John Conyers says he is retiring
- Moore endorses longtime ally in Alabama congressional race