Summer is a slow time for blood donations bec-ause of travel and school breaks.
LifeSouth Community Blood Centers will host multiple blood drives in the Tennessee Valley.
Six locations will be set up on May. 25th from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. listed below are locations of each blood drive.
-Guntersville (Walmart on Hwy 431)
-Decatur (Walmart on Spring Ave.)
-Florence (Dick's Sporting Goods on Cox Creek Pkwy.)
-Hazel Green (Walmart on Hwy 231)
-Athens (Walmart on Hwy 72 W)
-Huntsville (Walmart on S. Memorial Pkwy)
Blood donors must be 17 or 16 with parental permission, weigh a minimum of 110 pounds and be in good health.
A photo ID is required.
LifeSouth donors will receive a cholesterol screening and a free recognition item.
- LifeSouth Hosting Summer blood drives
- LifeSouth Blood Bank seeks donations during summer shortage
- LifeSouth holds blood drive in conjunction with local veterans organizations
- LifeSouth hosts first ever blood donor yard sale
- LifeSouth Blood Center helps in search for rare blood
- LifeSouth celebrates longtime donor
- LifeSouth seeking Hurricane Dorian-related blood donations in North Alabama
- Red Cross hosting blood drives in North Alabama
- Russellville hosts largest blood drive in the state
- Marshall Co. Sheriff hosting blood drive during shortage crisis