Photo Gallery 1 Images
Lexington Mayor, Sandra Burroughs, will be the new director at the Alabama Music Hall of Fame.
Burroughs told WAAY31 her first day in the new job will be December 17th. She will be able to continue being the mayor of Lexington and her new role as director of the AMHOF.
The current director, Dixie Griffith, will be retiring at the end of the year. Board members at the Alabama Music Hall of Fame said they are thrilled Burroughs will be the next director but it's bittersweet with Griffith retiring.
- Lexington Mayor named as new Alabama Music Hall of Fame Director
- Lexington man killed in wreck on Alabama 64
- Lexington High School responds to rumors of possible threat
- Alabama and Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section, Horn Section are 2019 Musicians Hall of Fame inductees
- Jones, Thome, Guerrero, Hoffman elected to baseball Hall of Fame
- Chipper Jones inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2019 class announced
- Hall of fame coach Danny Petty celebrates his retirement
- UPDATE: Phil Fulmer named Tennessee's athletics director
- Hundreds attend funeral for Muscle Shoals music pioneer Rick Hall