Funeral arrangements have been made for Lawrenceburg firefighter Jason Dickey and are being handled by Neal Funeral Home.
The family will visit with friends from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 15 at Mars Baptist Church.
The funeral service will also be held at Mars Baptist Church on Feb. 16 at 11:00 a.m.
Jason Dickey, 38, an 11-year veteran of the department, died at Southern Tennessee Regional Hospital.
"We lost a hero," Lawrenceburg Fire Department Chief Jay Moore said. "We've lost a man that saved several lives in his 11-year career."
Dickey leaves behind three children, ages 16, 11 and 2, as well as his wife who's expecting a child in the next few weeks, Moore said. He's the second firefighter to die in the department's history. The other occurred in 1978.
"This is hard on the community," Moore said. "It's hard on the fire department. It's hard for the family."
Firefighters responded to the fire around 4:30 p.m. at a home on Hood Lakes Road. Just before 8 p.m., the structure collapsed, trapping four Lawrence firefighters and two New Prospect firefighters.
All six of the firefighters were pulled from the fire. One fireman did not need medical treatment but the other five, including Dickey were taken to Southern Tennessee Regional Hospital for treatment. As of Tuesday, three of them had been treated and released. One fireman remains in intensive care.
Dickey's body was taken to the medical examiner's office in Nashville.
Other fire and police departments across the area offered their condolences online.
Our thoughts and prayers are will Lawrenceburg Fire Department tonight. #6040 https://t.co/MDj7v5xMd3
— Florence Police Dept (@florence_pd) February 13, 2018
— Dunlap Fire Department (@DunlapFire) February 13, 2018
Our thoughts and prayers are with our brothers and sisters in Lawrenceburg this morning. https://t.co/VfkvgPL5kK
— Knoxville Fire (@KnoxvilleFire) February 13, 2018
- Funeral arrangements for Lawrenceburg firefighter
- LIVE: Funeral for Lawrenceburg firefighter to be held today
- Fallen Lawrenceburg firefighter's wife gives birth
- Funeral arrangements scheduled for slain Birmingham Police Sergeant
- Funeral arrangements set for 5 family members murdered in Elkmont
- Shoals fire departments extend help to Lawrenceburg
- Lawrenceburg UT boxer dies during tournament
- Police: murder suspect kills himself in Lawrenceburg
- Accused Lawrenceburg baby rapist arrested and jailed in Scottsboro
- Funeral arrangements set for Rod Bramblett, the Voice of the Auburn Tigers, and his wife, Paula, following car crash