A 20-year-old Lawrenceburg athlete has died while competing in a boxing tournament.
Tanner Wray died last night of cardiac arrest. He was taking part in a charity boxing tournament where he collapsed in Knoxville.
Doctors pronounced him dead at University of Tennessee Medical Center.
He collapsed in the ring between the second and third rounds of the annual Ace Miller Boxing Tournament.
Medical examiners will perform an autopsy.
Wray was a junior at the University of Tennessee studying Aerospace Engineering. He had attended Lawrence County High School.
- Lawrenceburg UT boxer dies during tournament
- Funeral arrangements for Lawrenceburg firefighter
- Shoals fire departments extend help to Lawrenceburg
- Fallen Lawrenceburg firefighter's wife gives birth
- Police: murder suspect kills himself in Lawrenceburg
- Boxer Patrick Day dies four days after being knocked out
- LIVE: Funeral for Lawrenceburg firefighter to be held today
- Accused Lawrenceburg baby rapist arrested and jailed in Scottsboro
- Report: Six UT employees violated sexual misconduct policies
- 'Vol Navy' boat catches fire hours before UT loses game