The Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office has charged a Town Creek man with rape and other offenses.
Mathew Pullum, 33, was arrested Wednesday by the Lawrence County Criminal Investigations Unit, said Lt. Chris Waldrep, sheriff’s office spokesman. Pullum was charged with first-degree rape, second-degree stalking, and three counts of harassment.
Waldrep said the arrest comes after an investigation into stalking through social media sites and harassment through electronic means. The other charges followed as the investigation continued.
According to the rape complaint, it happened in 2003. The complaints for the harassment charges said Pullum made eight different Facebook accounts in order to harass/stalk the victim.
Pullum was out on bond from a previous drug arrest when he was arrested on these charges. Pullum remains in the Lawrence County Jail on a $65,900 bond.
- Lawrence County sheriff charges Town Creek man with rape, stalking
- Lawrence County elects new sheriff
- Morgan County sheriff charges teen with rape
- Morgan County sheriff: Falkville man facing rape charge
- Lawrence County sheriff charges 2 with drug trafficking
- Lawrence County Sheriff's chief of staff suspended
- Town Creek man arrested on multiple child sex abuse charges
- Lauderdale County man charged with rape
- Two Lawrence County towns received the wrong electric bills
- Lawrence County man charged with sexually abusing girls