One lane of traffic was shut down while Alabama State Troopers processed a wreck involving a Lawrence County School bus and another vehicle.
According to Lawrence County Sheriff Gene Mitchell, the wreck happened around 6:30 a.m. on Friday near the intersection of County Road 214 and County Road 217.
Mitchell said the bus was turning onto County Road 214 from County Road 217 when another vehicle hit it.
Lawrence County Superintendent Dr. John Bret Smith said there were no students on the bus and that the driver of the bus was not injured. Mitchell said the driver of the other vehicle received minor injuries.
The extent of the damage to the bus is not known at this time. Smith said the transportation supervisor also responded to the crash.
The cause of the wreck is under investigation.
- Lawrence County School bus involved in early morning wreck
- Boaz school bus hit in early morning wreck
- School bus involved in two-vehicle wreck in Madison County
- Colbert County deputy involved in morning wreck
- Lawrence County man killed in wreck
- Lincoln County school bus involved in crash
- 1 dead in early morning Huntsville wreck
- One person dead in early morning wreck
- HPD officer involved in wreck
- Shooting reported in Lawrence County