Lawrence County officials are warning people about a scam in their area.
The county revenue commissioner says they've received calls about a form that asks people to pay $95 for a property assessment profile.
The commissioner says you should simply throw it away as it is not a document from their office or the state.
If you are concerned someone is trying to scam you out of money, you should contact your local law enforcement agency.
- Lawrence County officials warn about property scam
- Tornado Warning issued for Lawrence County
- Outdoor warning siren malfunctioning in Lawrence County
- Tornado Warning issued for Colbert, Lawrence counties
- Lawrence County EMA warns of problems with outdoor warning sirens
- Huntsville Utilities warns of scam
- Madison police issue scam warning
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning issued for Colbert, Franklin, Lawrence counties
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning cancelled for Colbert, Lawrence counties
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Colbert, Franklin, Lawrence counties