The first county owned animal shelter is coming together in Lawrence County.
The building is being built off of Parker Road near the sheriff's office. County commissioners tell WAAY 31 the rain slowed construction, but the roof of the shelter is on and should be done in the next few weeks.
Officials said they set aside about 95-thousand dollars for the shelter and it should come in under budget. Once it's complete they will be able to house about 40 dogs.
- Lawrence County animal shelter construction coming along
- Former Lawrence animal shelter director gets probation for animal cruelty
- Lawrence County shelter confirms they are not euthanizing animals
- The first county owned animal shelter is coming together in Lawrence County
- Lawrence County prepares for storms with shelters
- Colbert County animal shelter at maximum capacity
- Colbert County Animal Shelter faces financial struggles
- Lauderdale shelter not taking animals
- New storm shelters coming to Madison County
- High-speed internet could come to Lawrence and Morgan counties