A Lawrence County Sheriff's Captain is suspended while an internal investigation is ongoing.
Sheriff Gene Mitchell tells WAAY 31 Captain Tim McWorther is on paid administrative leave, but he says he cannot comment on why he is on suspension.
As a result of the suspension, McWorther's patrol car, gun and other items were taken away. This is a normal procedure when any sheriff's employee is suspended.
WAAY 31 has filed an open records request to the Lawrence County Sheriff's Office for McWorther's personnel file Tuesday. We were told we should expect a reply to the request within days.
- Lawrence County Sheriff's chief of staff suspended
- Suspended chief of staff for Lawrence Co. sheriff no longer employee there
- Domestic-violence allegations against suspended Lawrence County Sheriff's captain
- Lawrence County elects new sheriff
- Lawrence County Sheriff's Office Chief of Staff refutes allegations of wrongdoing
- Lawrence Co. Sheriff's former chief of staff back out of jail on bond
- Suspended Fayetteville fire chief retires
- Shooting reported in Lawrence County
- Fayetteville's fire chief suspended, according to report
- Lawrence Co. Sheriff, Captain charged with "Official Misconduct"