The Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Division has arrested a Courtland woman and charged her with violating the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act.
Lt. Chris Waldrep said Harrett L. Carter, 29, was arrested Wednesday.
In a press release, Sheriff Max Sanders said an investigation was conducted when information surfaced that Carter wasn’t living at the address where she was registered.
Sanders said Carter is a registered Alabama sex offender in Lawrence County and under Alabama law has to give a three-day notice prior to a change of address. She was booked into the Lawrence County Jail and remains with a $2,000 bond.
- Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office charges sex offender with registration violation
- Athens police arrest convicted sex offender for violating registration laws
- Feds charge DeKalb County sex offender with registration failure
- DeKalb County man gets prison time for violating Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act
- Athens police say man violated Alabama sex offender’s registration notification act
- Athens police: Man arrested for shooting at girlfriend, violating sex offender registration act
- Lawrence County elects new sheriff
- Convicted sex offender charged with child porn
- Registered sex offender charged with beating girlfriend
- Guntersville sex offender charged for not registering