Redstone Federal Credit Union is working with law enforcement to identify suspects after an increase in ATM transaction disputes over the weekend.
According to Lieutenant Donny Shaw with the Madison County Sheriff's Office, there were ten reports filed over the weekend and the majority of them were at RFCU, but other banks are also involved.
Deputies believe cards may have been cloned or that a skimmer may have been placed on ATMs.
“I had looked at my transactions list and noticed there are some weird inconsistencies in my account," said Margaret Parker.
Parker has been banking with Redstone Federal Credit Union for more than fifteen years. She says she’s never had any problems until recently.
“I am a little worried. I have heard about these scammers before where they recreate the machines and they literally stick them in," Parker said. "I’ve seen it on the internet before, but I never thought it would happen around here.”
Until the suspects are caught, Parker says she’s got a message for them.
"Get yourself a job. Make your own money. You don’t have to take other people’s money that work for it and just take it because you think you can. It’s ridiculous," she said. “I have a child. These people probably have kids. Get a life. Do something else. Don’t be a criminal. All you’re going to do is get yourself caught."
Officials say people should always look at ATMs and gas pumps to make sure nothing is out of the ordinary and that the security seal is still intact.
RFCU urges members to monitor their accounts for suspicious activity and that anyone who has identified problems with their account, call 1-800-234-1234.
Anyone with information to help identify the suspects should call 256-533-8827 or email email@example.com.
- Suspects wanted in connection to ATM transaction disputes
- Card skimmers found on Shoals ATMs
- Muscle Shoals Police identify ATM skimming suspects as juveniles from Romania
- Marshall County hit in nationwide ATM withdrawal scheme
- HPD: drive-by shooting and tire slashing connected to domestic dispute
- Suspect wanted in connection to weekend burglary in Lawrence County, TN
- Five suspects arrested in connection to Limestone Co. theft ring
- James Franco disputes sexual misconduct allegations
- Suspects wanted for credit card fraud
- Two suspects wanted for robbing Huntsville GameStops