Photo Gallery 1 Images
Lauderdale County investigators are pleading with any potential victims of Stephen McGee to come forward.
McGee was arrested on Tuesday and charged with trying to electronically solicit a 13-year-old girl for sexual favors.
When McGee was arrested he was out on bond for a 2018 case where he was charged for raping a 15-year-old while she was passed out. The next day he brought her a Plan B pill.
Lauderdale County Investigator James DiStefano told WAAY31 authorities already plan to speak with a possible third victim of McGee's and are asking others to come forward.
"I know it can be scary to come forward and tell your story but that's what we're here for. We're here to protect the victims of these kind of crimes," said DiStefano.
DiStefano said McGee would use social media to lure his victims.
McGee is being held without bond because his new arrest violated his previous bond conditions from the 2018 rape case.
WAAY31 learned that Senator Cam Ward (R) from Alabaster plans to introduce a bill on the first day of the legislative session that would keep people charged with murder, rape first degree, kidnapping first degree, human trafficking, first degree child molestation, and first degree sexual torture behind bars with no bond until their trial date.
Had this been a law in place McGee couldn't have gotten out of jail to commit more crimes against minors.
Ward said the bill is in light of the Aniah Blanchard and "Cupcake" McKinney cases. Two of the suspects arrested in those cases were out on bond for kidnapping.
- Lauderdale County man charged with soliciting teen for sex was out on bond for rape
- Lauderdale County man charged with rape
- Lauderdale County murder suspects released on bond
- Morgan County sheriff charges teen with rape
- Marshall County man charged with rape, having sex with child
- Lauderdale Co. investigators arrest man on child sex abuse charges
- Lauderdale County man gets $14 million bond on 2,794 child porn, abuse charges
- Florence man charged with soliciting a minor for rape in Tennessee
- Wreck in Lauderdale County kills 3 teens
- Murder suspect released in Lauderdale County on a $50,000 bond