A Florence High School student has been indicted on three counts of manslaughter and one count of assault in the April deaths of three Wilson High School students in April.
The indictments against Kate Boggus were handed down by the Lauderdale County grand jury.
Coby Hines, Braden Turner and Tyler Nelson died in a car crash on County Road 30. All three were athletes at Wilson High.
The indictments charge Boggus of driving a vehicle, which Hines, Turner and Nelson were in, at an excessive speed, losing control of the vehicle, and crashing into a tree.
Boggus and another Florence High student, Kaylee McGee, were also injured in the crash. The assault indictment is related to McGee's injuries.
Boggus surrendered herself Tuesday and was released on a $20,000 bond. She will be arraigned on Feb. 27. She is being tried as an adult, but can apply for youthful offender status.
- Lauderdale County grand jury issues indictments in Wilson High students’ deaths
- Grand jury indicts 4 in death of university frat pledge
- Former Lauderdale County corrections deputy indicted
- Two indicted by grand jury for deadly Marshall County dog attack
- Lauderdale County Homicide Investigation
- Grand jury indicts Huntsville man accused of stealing mail to duplicate checks
- Thousands attend funeral for Wilson High teens
- Jury selection underway in Lauderdale Co. human trafficking case
- Storm damage in Lauderdale County
- Lauderdale County High School will be recieving more SROs