Photo Gallery 1 Images
UPDATE: According to Florence Police, Justin Butler is pleading guilty on Friday, November 30 to murder for the death of Eric Watkins.
A capital murder case in the Shoals will be pushed back a couple of months.
Butlers trial was slated to start later in October but has now been moved to December. Butler was actually serving time on a murder charge out of the Carolinas when he was indicted by a Lauderdale County grand jury last year.
According to court records, investigators believe he shot and killed Eric Watkins in 2013 over drugs.
Officials said they are seeking life without parole in Butler's case. He is currently being held in the Lauderdale County Detention Center.
- Man to plead guilty in Lauderdale Co. capital murder case, Florence Police say
- Florence man pleads guilty to double murder
- Corey Davis pleads guilty in Lauderdale serial rape case
- Ex-wife charged with capital murder of Lauderdale County man
- Man pleads guilty to lesser charge in murder case
- Colbert County man pleads guilty to murder
- Peter Capote found guilty of capital murder
- Shoals capital murder cases moved to February
- Preliminary hearings in capital murder cases delayed
- Trial set in Huntsville capital murder case