Photo Gallery 1 Images
Lauderdale County investigators told WAAY 31 Peggy Sue Hall, 54, has been charged with capital murder in the death of her ex-husband, Randall Bobo.
Officials said Hall is being held without bond and was booked into the Lauderdale County Detention Center.
Investigators said she will also face more charges in the future.
The shooting happened around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 2800 block of County Road 130, north of Killen near the Tennessee state line. Investigators said Bobo was shot and killed in his home by Hall. Officials do not have a motive yet for the crime but are calling it a domestic situation with unique circumstances.
The crime scene spanned some three homes on the property. Family members of Bobo and his ex-wife said everyone who lives down the dirt road are all related. No one else was injured in the shooting.
Investigators cleared the scene a little before 3 p.m. on Wednesday. Neighbors in the area said they are shaken up by all the commotion.
"My first thought was I prayed for the family. My second was that's really close to home," said Mallory Hosnpr, who lives on County Road 130.
Investigators are still working to determine a motive in the shooting. Bobo and Hall had two adult children together, but smaller children may have been present for the shooting, according to investigators.
It's unclear what additional charges Hall could be facing at this time. She will see a judge within 72 hours.
- Ex-wife charged with capital murder of Lauderdale County man
- Huntsville man charged with capital murder
- Lauderdale County man charged with rape
- Man indicted on capital murder charges for 2016 Toney murders
- Son charged with father's murder in Lauderdale County
- Lauderdale County murder suspects released on bond
- Man to plead guilty in Lauderdale Co. capital murder case, Florence Police say
- Lauderdale County Homicide Investigation
- Man charged with capital murder for shooting after argument
- Man charged with capital murder for Athens shooting