The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office is investigating a homicide.
They told WAAY 31 a caregiver went to check on 62-year-old Tommy Blevins and found him dead in his home on County Road 94.
The autopsy report shows he was murdered. The Lauderdale County Sheriff Department told WAAY 31 it's likely Blevins knew the person who killed him, so they're narrowing down a list of suspects right now.
They aren't releasing a cause of death at this time, because they want to keep some information about the case a secret to protect the investigation.
Family members of Blevins told WAAY 31 he had health problems, but in the week of his death he seemed fine.
Police are asking anyone who saw anything suspicious at the home between Tuesday and Thursday of this week to contact local authorities.
- Lauderdale County Homicide Investigation
- Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office investigating shooting
- Storm damage in Lauderdale County
- Lauderdale County inmate found dead
- More information in the investigation of Lauderdale County murder
- Weather damage clean up in Lauderdale County
- Lauderdale County woman fights off alleged groper
- Wreck in Lauderdale County kills 3 teens
- Community mourns Lauderdale County wreck victims
- Lauderdale County man charged with rape