Power has been restored following a brief outage in the Moores Mill/Chase area overnight.
Around 11:15 p.m. Sunday night, Alabama State Troopers said a driver heading eastbound on Old Gurley Road lost control of the vehicle, started spinning and crashed into a power pole at the intersection of Valleystone Road.
Troopers told WAAY 31 that the driver was uninjured in the wreck.
Huntsville Utilities said in a statement that power was knocked out in an area that stretched from Winchester Road south to Highway 431 South and from Chapman Mountain east to Moontown.
Crews had to replace the damaged pole that was snapped near the base.
A state trooper at the scene said the wreck was deemed accidental and the driver would not be charged in the crash.
- Late-night wreck knocks out power in Moores Mill, Chase area
- Large power outage in Moores Mill/Chase area
- Car in late night wreck catches fire, causes power outage
- Wreck knocks down power lines, blocks Madison County road
- Moores Mill Road shut down after multi-vehicle wreck
- Rogersville man killed in late-night wreck
- Teenager injured in late night wreck
- Downtown Huntsville wreck knocks over pole
- Car crash knocks down a power pole
- Hughes, Mill roads back open after wreck