A large tree blocking both lanes on Bankhead Road caused an accident early Monday morning.
Sometime after 1 a.m., the tree fell across the roadway. A driver heading up Monte Sano Mountain, came across the tree, swereved to avoid it and ended up crashing into the base of the truck in the ditch.
Neither the driver nor the passenger were injured.
City crews spent several hours working to remove the tree from the roadway.
The road was clear to traffic shortly after 4 a.m.
- Large tree falls, blocks Bankhead Road for several hours
- Car crashes into bush on Bankhead Parkway
- Endangered aquatic salamander found in Bankhead National Forest
- Accident on Bankhead Parkway sends man to hospital
- Down trees, utility poles block several roads overnight
- Large Trees Causing Concern for Huntsville Residents
- Traffic Alert: Huntsville police close Baywood Road due to tree blocking road
- Large trees brought down in Colbert County by strong winds
- Hikers lost for 2 days in Bankhead National Forest in Lawrence County found safe
- Wreck blocks part of Sutton Road