KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Australian guard Jessie Rennie has become the first player to sign with Tennessee since Kellie Harper took over as coach of the Lady Vols.
Tennessee announced the signing of Rennie on Thursday.
Rennie, a 5-foot-6 guard from Kangaroo Flat in Victoria, Australia, verbally committed to Tennessee last month when Holly Warlick was still coaching the Lady Vols. She stuck to that verbal commitment and signed with Tennessee after Warlick was fired and Harper was hired.
Rennie, regarded as a quality 3-point shooter, missed her 2018 season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament but has since recovered. She has Type I diabetes.
Rennie joins a recruiting class that also includes guard Jordan Horston, center Tamari Key and forward/center Emily Saunders. Horston
- Lady Vols sign player from Australia
- Harper Vol For Life
- Ex-Lady Vol Kellie Harper returns to her alma mater as coach
- Vols' Lamonte Turner undergoes another shoulder surgery
- 'Voice of the Vols' John Ward dies at 88
- Vols hire Kim English as assistant men's basketball coach
- Vols ready for second year under Jeremy Pruitt
- Grissom softball player signs to Talladega College
- Buckhorn soccer player signs with UAH
- No. 3 Vols rally past Alabama, make case to lead AP Top 25