Madison City officials announced the official signing of a lease, license and management agreement to bring baseball to the city.
Madison and BallCorps LLC will bring the minor league Mobile BayBears to town.
Now that the agreement is signed, the move still has to be approved by Major League Baseball, Minor League Baseball and the Southern League.
The city plans to invest $46 million into a 7,000-seat multipurpose stadium that BallCorps will lease for 30 years.
A public hearing to discuss financing the ball park wil take place Feb. 26.
- Madison officials, BallCorps sign baseball agreement
- Huntsville mayor, county leaders officially sign Toyota-Mazda agreement
- Interagency Agreement signed by local community leaders
- North Alabama mayors sign partnership agreement
- Madison City Council votes in favor of minor league baseball stadium development agreement
- City of Madison releases rendering of new baseball stadium, agreement with team owner
- Huntsville, Madison officials sign proclamation for Armed Forces Celebration Week
- Finalized agreement to build ballpark in Madison gets pushed back
- Details on updated financial agreement for Town Madison released
- Madison County Commission and school board terminate agreement