The winter weather threat is prompting many institutions, businesses and more to change plans for this week when roads are expected to be treacherous.
Coronavirus vaccine sites also are impacted. Get more information on them HERE
We’re monitoring conditions and alerting you with the most accurate information via the WAAY 31 StormTracker Early Warning Radar Network. In addition to watching WAAY 31 News, you can access all three of our radars HERE.
You also can download our WAAY 31 Weather App to stay informed. More info HERE
We'll update this list as we learn more:
* All SWDA facilities (Waste to Energy, Household Hazardous Waste and the Landfill) are closing today, February 15, 2021, due to inclement weather. We expect to re-open either Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on road conditions; however, normal operating hours may be delayed upon re-opening.
* Huntsville Transit will continue to operate Orbit’s fixed-route bus service until noon Monday. Access, the City’s paratransit service, will operate until 1 p.m. Monday or until all clients have been safely transported home. Afterward, all transit services will cease for the remainder of the day due to inclement weather.
For Tuesday, Orbit will not operate if roads are covered in 1/4 inch of ice or more. Access will continue to transport dialysis patients as long as clinics remain open. Access vehicles are equipped for icy road conditions.
* Recycling Alliance of North Alabama (RANA) curbside recycling will operate on a one-day delay for this week. Each day's collections will move forward one day due to the anticipated ice storm. This delay is subject to increase as conditions warrant.
* H & S Cabinets in Fayetteville is closed Monday.
* Decatur City Hall is closed Monday and the Decatur City Council meeting is cancelled.
* WellStone Inc. is closed Monday.
* The Huntsville Ice Sports Center is closed Monday.
* The Huntsville/Madison County Visitor Center, Huntsville International Airport visitors kiosk, and Huntsville/Madison County Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) administrative offices are closed Monday.
* Osborne’s Jewelers in Huntsville is closed Monday.
* Decatur Family Medicine is closed Monday.
* Alabama A&M University will continue operations via "telework" for nonessential personnel on Monday. In-person classes will meet remotely.
* UAB Clinic in Huntsville is closed Monday.
* Schwarze Industries is closed Monday.
* The Arc of Madison County is closed Monday.
* The Alabama School of Cyber Technology and Engineering (ASCTE) in Huntsville will not have in-person instruction on Tuesday.
* Thrive Alabama clinics will be closed Monday.
* The EarlyWorks Children's Museum will be closed on Monday. The Museum will be open on its regular schedule Wednesday.
* Johnson Controls CPVC in Madison is closed Monday.
* The Oakwood Memorial Gardens Cemetery Black History Month event to recognize Dr. Dykes, is cancelled for Monday.
* Gemstone Foods is closed Monday in Florence and Decatur.
* Sunshine Mills in Red Bay is closed Monday.
* Metro Spy Supply is closed Monday.
* The Mental Health Center of North Central Alabama will be closed on Monday.
* All campuses of Calhoun Community College will be closed on Monday.
* Decatur Municipal Court dockets for Monday are cancelled.
* Wayne Farms Decatur Fresh will not have its third shift running Sunday night. They are also not bringing on their first or second shifts on Monday.
* The U.S. Space & Rocket Center will be closed Monday.
* The University of Alabama in Huntsville will be closed Monday.
* The Athens State University campus will be closed on Monday.
* The Huntsville Hospital Imaging Center will be closed Monday and reopen at noon on Tuesday.
* Northwest-Shoals Community College will close both campuses for campus-based operations Monday. It is recommended that courses and college meetings be held in a virtual format, if possible.
* First Baptist CDC in Madison will be closed Monday,
* Wallace State Community College is closed Monday.
* Heritage Christian University is closed Monday.
* Drake State Community & Technical College will operate remotely for employees and students on Monday.
* Valley Internal Medicine Athens is closed Monday and a half-day on Tuesday due to the winter weather warnings.
* In the event the roads are impassable Monday morning, Limestone County will postpone garbage pickup until the roads become safe.
* The Athens-Limestone Recycling Center will be closed Monday. No drop-off services will be available.
* All YMCA facilities will be closed on Monday. All programs including school holiday day camp are cancelled for the day.
Affected facilities include:
Southeast Family YMCA in Huntsville
Downtown Express YMCA in Huntsville
Hogan Family YMCA in Madison
YMCA Downtown Early Childhood Education Center
YMCA Northwest Early Childhood Education Center
YMCA Southeast Early Childhood Education Center
Heart of the Valley YMCA Association Office
* Huntsville-Madison County Public Libraries