LOS ANGELES (AP) - The last "Young and the Restless" episode featuring Kristoff St. John will air Wednesday on CBS.
The actor, who played the struggling alcoholic and ladies' man Neil Winters for 27 years, died Sunday at his home in Los Angeles. He was 52. The cause of death is under investigation by the medical examiner.
St. John had played Neil Winters on the soap opera since 1991, earning nine daytime Emmy nominations. He won a Daytime Emmy in 1992 for outstanding younger actor in a drama series.
His business guy character wended his way through romances, deaths of loved ones and other daytime travails that descended into alcoholism before going into rehab.
"The Young and the Restless" will broadcast a special tribute to St. John during Friday's show.
- Kristoff St. John's last "Young and the Restless" episode airs today
- 'Young and the Restless' actor Kristoff St. John dead at 52
- Programming alert: Today's episode of Jeopardy! to air later tonight
- Programming alert: Today's episode of General Hospital to air later tonight
- Driver said medical episode caused single-car crash along I-565
- 'The Simpsons' is pulling its Michael Jackson episode
- Sunny and seasonable today
- Severe threat heightens today
- Chilly today, then cold tonight
- Clouds and showers return today