BREAKING NEWS Deadly rollover wreck in Hartselle Full Story
SEVERE WX : Flash Flood Watch - Flash Flood Warning - Flood Advisory View Alerts

Kitchen fire displaces Madison County family

Fire fighters were able to extinguish the fire and save most of the home.

Posted: Feb 20, 2018 5:57 AM
Updated: Feb 20, 2018 9:02 AM

An early morning fire forced a family from their home late Monday night. 

Fire fighters from Monrovia Moores Mill Volunteer Fire Department responded to the fire in the 100 block of Tammy Gaines Lane around 11:45 p.m.

Smoke damage forced the family from their home. Smoke damage forced the family from their home.

Officials said the fire started around the dishwasher in the kitchen. Crews were able to extinguish the blaze before flames reached beyond the kitchen area.

However, it was the smoke damage to other parts of the home that caused the family to temporarily leave. 

The Red Cross came by shortly after the fire to help the family with their recovery.

Huntsville
Cloudy
71° wxIcon
Hi: 75° Lo: 70°
Feels Like: 71°
Florence
Cloudy
73° wxIcon
Hi: 78° Lo: 70°
Feels Like: 73°
Fayetteville
Cloudy
70° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 69°
Feels Like: 70°
Decatur
Cloudy
70° wxIcon
Hi: 75° Lo: 70°
Feels Like: 70°
Scottsboro
Cloudy
71° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 71°
Feels Like: 71°
WAAY Radar
WAAY WAAY-TV Cam
WAAY Temperatures

 

Community Events