Photo Gallery 1 Images
A Shoals man is out on the streets after being arrested for rape.
According to court documents, Rex Quillen was indicted by a Colbert County grand jury for a first degree rape in Sheffield. He's been released after posting a$20,000 bond.
Sheffield police told WAAY31 Quillen did not know the victim, but the two were at a gathering with other people at a home on 31st Street in Sheffield.
Investigators said the victim went to sleep alone and woke up to Quillen assaulting her.
Police said the victim left and told her family what happened and from there she went to the hospital and reported it to police.
- Killen man indicted on rape charge in Colbert County
- Forklift falls into Killen marina
- Flooding destroys road in Killen
- Florence police charge Killen man with sexually abusing a child
- Florence man killed in crash near Killen
- Florida man dies in crash near Killen
- Former Madison County deputy indicted on rape, incest charges
- Colbert County business owner indicted for criminally negligent homicide, assault
- Decatur man, Killen woman charged with bringing drugs to Morgan County Jail
- Florence men, Killen woman charged in home burglary