A Killen business was heavily damaged by a fire late Wednesday morning.
Firefighters with the Killen Volunteer Fire Department said they were called to the 72 Quick Stop Convenience Store around 11:30 a.m. The Florence Fire Department and volunteer firefighters from Mid Lauderdale, Center Star, and Greenhill also responded.
No one was injured. Firefighters said they believe the fire started in the kitchen. Officials tell us they were worried about the gas pumps and propane tanks when they arrived on scene.
"There are so many threats and so many possible things that could go wrong. Our minds were going a million miles a minute with what we could be doing or encountering once we get there, so it's a pretty scary situation for everyone involved," said Lt. Justin Gallien, with the Killen Volunteer Fire Department.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Killen convenience store damaged by fire
- Forklift falls into Killen marina
- Flooding destroys road in Killen
- Decatur man charged with convenience store robbery
- 2 injured in Huntsville convenience store shooting
- Florence man killed in crash near Killen
- Florida man dies in crash near Killen
- Killen police chief suspended without pay following Facebook comments
- Pedestrian dies after struck by three vehicles in Killen
- Randolph promotes DC Blake Killen to head coach