MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - An Alabama prison inmate has died in a suspected suicide.
The Alabama Department of Corrections said in a news release that they are investigating the apparent suicide of an inmate at Kilby Correctional Facility in Montgomery County.
Prison officials said 49-year-old Paul Ford was found Wednesday hanging by a bed sheet in his cell about 2:30 p.m. Ford was unresponsive and was pronounced dead about 30 minutes later.
Ford was sentenced to life imprisonment without parole in 1988 after being convicted of murder in Talladega County.
- Kilby Correctional Facility inmate dies in apparent suicide
- Kentucky lawmaker accused of assault dies in apparent suicide
- Alabama Department of Corrections recaptures escaped inmate
- Inmate with Lauderdale Co. ties recaptured after escaping from Decatur corrections facility
- Two dead in apparent Morgan County murder-suicide
- Fashion designer Kate Spade found dead of apparent suicide
- Inmate escapes Hamilton facility in his underwear
- Death of Alabama inmate ruled suicide
- Limestone Correctional Facility officer charged with illegal contraband possession
- Morgan County Jail inmate dies