Alabama-based Infinity Property and Casualty Corporation is selling its insurance operation to Chicago’s Kemper Corporation.
That’s according to the trade publication, Insurance Journal.
The $1.4 billion gives Kemper a bigger slice of the non-standard insurance market. Infinity targets the Latino community. More than half of Infinity’s business is in California. Florida and Texas are also big markets for the Birmingham-headquartered company.
Infinity has 2,300 employees and 10,600 independent agents.
- Kemper buys Birmingham-based Infinity insurance
- Bullets hit Birmingham's Topgolf
- Knoxville based company buys 900 acres of TVA property
- Woman shot in Birmingham home
- UPDATE: Missing girl near Birmingham found safe
- Birmingham reaches its 100th homicide of 2017
- Bystander fatally shot in crossfire in Birmingham
- Three teens killed in wreck near Birmingham
- Birmingham area in line for Amazon project
- Amazon to locate distribution center near Birmingham