Work is being sped up on Keel Mountain after Madison County Commissioners declared it a local emergency.
Keel Mountain Road is one of two main roads destroyed in the recent week-long rain.
By establishing a local emergency, Commissioner Craig Hill says it shortens the timeline to complete the work.
He said Wednesday he hopes to have the bidding process complete, and an agreement in place by this afternoon.
Hill said Keel Mountain Road should be open by May 1.
Repairs on Blowing Cave Road are complete.
- Keel Mountain Road repair work moving ahead more quickly
- Keel Mountain Road in Madison County reopened after repairs completed
- Keel Mountain, Blowing Cave roads closed after being judged unsafe
- Keel Mountain Road detour causing problems for homeowners
- Stop the rock, some on Keel Mountain don't want quarry
- Madison County Sheriff's Office looking for Keel Mountain burglar
- Keel Mountain Volunteer Fire Department buys new CPR training devices
- Keel Mountain Road parents getting gas cards, bus changes for inconvenience
- Keel Mountain firefighters get new gear to protect against brush fires
- Huntsville police ask drivers to avoid Green Mountain Road during guardrail repairs