Huntsville fire and rescue were called to rescue four kayakers Saturday night.
Rescue teams were able to throw a rope off a 12-foot drop from the bank to the water and pull the two females and two males to safety.
Officials said two of the adults were stuck on an island, while the other two were holding on to a tree limb. Officials also say a similar incident happened 2 weeks ago.
WAAY31 spent some time talking to kayakers Sunday who say this area of the Flint River can be especially dangerous at night.
"Seeing what we just went through there's a lot of logs and stuff we had to go fast over and I wouldn't have seen it at night time," said Will McDonald-Rhodes.
We also spoke with a nearby kayaking company. They say they don't put their kayakers in the water past 2 p.m.
- Rescue crews save 4 kayakers from Flint River
- Huntsville police: More arrests made in Flint River kayaking attack
- Grand jury indicts Flint River kayaking attack suspects
- Crews continue search for Giles County kayaker
- Bear spotted in Flint River Downs neighborhood of Madison County
- Flint River flooding closes Brownsboro Road in Madison County
- Madison County river packed with kayakers during Memorial Day weekend
- Body recovered from Elk River identified as missing kayaker
- Crews find body of missing Giles County kayaker
- Flint River now has markers along portion of river for location identifiers