Jackson County authorities said they have taken someone into custody for a threat that was made against Section High School.
Jackson County Sheriff Chuck Phillips said in a Facebook post just before midnight that the "threat has been eliminated," after taking a juvenile into custody.
Phillips said there had been word that an "incident" was to occur Wednesday at the school.
The 16-year-old's name was not released.
The sheriff's office is expected to release more information today.
- Juvenile taken into custody for Section High School threat
- Juvenile in custody after shooting
- Madison police arrest juvenile for school threat
- Student in custody after Pisgah High School social media threat
- Madison County juvenile charged in Alabaster school threat
- Elkmont teen accused of murdering family remains in juvenile custody
- DeKalb County Superintendent: Student in custody after potential threat to high school
- Student in police custody after alleged threat made to Grissom High School
- Student arrested after making threat at Section High School, officials say
- Huntsville police: 2 juvenile suspects in custody for trespassing at Chapman Elementary School