The DeKalb County Sherrif's Office said on Saturday, a juvenile accidentally shot 45-year-old George Allen Murphy in the head. The event happened on County Road 34 in the town of Crossville.
Investigators state the bullet hit Murphy while he was on the porch of his neighbor's house on Saturday. The gunshot came through the closed front door, from inside the house.
Investigators said the kid who fired the gun, lives at the house. Though this is believed to be an accident, officials are still investigating the incident.
- Juvenile accidentally shoots man in Dekalb County
- Juvenile in custody after shooting
- DeKalb County sheriff investigating Crossville shooting
- Investigation into shooting of Madison juvenile continues
- Man dies in DeKalb County wreck
- Man Indicted for DeKalb County Murder
- Limestone County shooting victim dies; juvenile now charged with murder
- Police: Tennessee man accidentally shoots himself, wife at church
- Man accidentally shoots himself in Zaxby's parking lot
- Florence police: Man accidentally shoots himself while shopping for holster