The principal of Julian Harris Elementary School, Derrick Aikerson, was placed on paid administrative leave on Friday, Aug. 9th, according to Decatur City Schools Superintendent Michael Douglas.
Aikerson became the principal of Julian Harris Elementary in 2015 and is in his final year of a three-year contract. According to Douglas, Harris is paid more than $80,000 a year.
Douglas said Phil Hastings, a retired school administrator, was appointed acting principal.
According to Douglas, Alabama state law allows the district to keep Aikerson on paid leave for up to 30 days. He could not release why Aikerson is on paid administrative leave, but he said more information will be released shortly.
- Julian Harris Elementary School principal placed on paid administrative leave
- Elementary school teacher on paid administrative leave
- Tanner High School Principal was put on administrative leave
- Superintendent: Muscle Shoals High School coach on paid administrative leave
- New principal for Harlan Elementary School
- Elementary school principal placed on leave after banning all things Christmas from classrooms
- Muscle Shoals principal placed on indefinite leave
- Kamala Harris proposes six months paid leave for all workers in new plan
- Tanner High School principal fired
- Huntsville Junior High School teacher placed on administrative leave