Judge Roy Moore and Doug Jones are in a statistical tie, according to a new poll out today from the Washington Post.
50% of people polled support Jones, the Democrat.
47% of the likely voters are backing Moore, the GOP candidate.
The margin of error is 4.5%.
The Washington Post says only 35% of likely voters polled say they believe Moore made unwanted sexual advances on teen girls four decades ago.
37% say they are unsure or have no opinion.
Jones is leading among women polled by 18%. Moore leads among men by 15%. Only 1 in 6 Republicans believe the accusations against Moore.
Alabama’s special election is December 12th.
- Judge Roy Moore in statistical tie with Doug Jones
- New poll: Doug Jones pulls ahead of Roy Moore
- Few Options Left for Roy Moore as Officials Certify Doug Jones' Win
- Sen. Doug Jones' Maiden Speech
- Democrat Doug Jones targets black voters
- Doug Jones announces Huntsville campaign stop Wednesday
- Doug Jones makes a stop in Huntsville
- Doug Jones officially becomes Senator tomorrow
- Senator Doug Jones speaks with local farmers