According to a recently filed order by a Limestone County judge, all future court filings in the trial of Limestone Sheriff Mike Blakely will have to be filed under seal.
This includes all filings by any party or attorney. The judge, Pride Thompkins, does not give an explanation for the decision in his order.
Thompkins is a retired judge who was appointed to the case after all Limestone County judges recused themselves.
Blakely continues to face 11 charges of theft and misuse of power. Learn more about those HERE.
- Judge orders files for Limestone County Sheriff Mike Blakely's criminal case to be sealed
- READ: Limestone County Sheriff Mike Blakely indictment documents
- New motions filed in criminal case against Limestone County sheriff
- Limestone County judges remove themselves from sheriff’s criminal case
- Limestone County Commission, Sheriff's Office issue statements on arrest of Sheriff Mike Blakely
- Limestone County Sheriff Mike Blakely arrested on 13 theft and ethics charges
- Limestone County Sheriff Mike Blakely could face no jail time if convicted
- Limestone County Sheriff Mike Blakely tries to get indictment thrown out
- Plan set for incredibly large number of jurors in Limestone County Sheriff Mike Blakely’s trial