A Jemison senior, Tyler Davis, picked the University of Florida over the University of Houston Wednesday in front of his school and family. He gave the crowd a big 'chomp, chomp' after signing his national letter of intent.
Davis says he doesn't mind the heat and is looking foward to running for the Gators. He's running the 100 and 200 meter, plus says he will run relay and anything he's asked to. Davis says he picked Florida over Houston because it felt like home.
"As soon as I stepped on the track there, I said I've got to join this... I just had to come," Davis said.
He thanked his coaches including Coach Burns, who Davis said gave him pizza once at practice!
- Jemison track star takes talents to "The Swamp"
- Jemison High evacuated after bomb threat
- No charges filed against Jemison High teacher
- Student hospitalized after fight at Jemison High
- Lee wins over Jemison in a thriller
- North Jackson stand out taking his talents to Mississippi State
- Jemison parents want to provide input on next principal
- Jemison student hospitalized after fight sues campus security officer
- Jemison High School student hospitalized after car wreck
- Students arrested for Jemison High fight that sent 6 to hospital