BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - The football program at Miles College is getting a boost thanks to a donation from Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston. WRBC-TV reports Winston, a Hueytown, Alabama, native, on Wednesday presented Miles College President Bobbie Knight and Athletic Director Reginald Ruffin a check for $50,000, which will be used for upgrades within the Alabama school's program. Earlier this month, former NBA Hall of Fame basketball player Charles Barkley donated $1 million to the school, a private historically black liberal arts college in Fairfield, Alabama.
Jameis Winston makes donation to Miles College
Posted: Jan 22, 2020 10:12 PM
- Jameis Winston makes donation to Birmingham college
- Bullets hit Birmingham's Topgolf
- Birmingham mayor promises free college to high school graduates
- Woman shot in Birmingham home
- Birmingham Police Department officer shot
- Charles Barkley makes big donation to Miles College
- UPDATE: Missing girl near Birmingham found safe
- Birmingham reaches its 100th homicide of 2017
- Kemper buys Birmingham-based Infinity insurance
- Bystander fatally shot in crossfire in Birmingham
Scroll for more content...