Photo Gallery 9 Images
The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office is seeking information on the location of Shayla Hope Wood and her 9-month-old son, who both were reported missing by family on Wednesday from their home in Flat Rock, AL.
Shayla is 17 years old and is approximately 8 months pregnant. She has connections to Jackson, Marshall and DeKalb counties.
Shayla is 5 feet 2 inches tall, weighs 190 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes. She has a birthmark on her forehead.
The sheriff's office said this is the second time she's disappeared in two years. The last time she was a runaway and found in another county. WAAY 31 talked with her mom, Selena Wood, who believes this time it's different, and she's worried her daughter is in danger.
"She left with nothing, not a car seat ... not milk, not clothes, toys, anything," said Wood.
She says when Shayla Wood ran away 2 years ago, it was after an argument, but, right now, the family is in a good place. She also said Shayla didn't take anything with her. Shayla's baby has a protein allergy and needs special formula, but none of the containers for that formula are missing. There are also no toys missing.
"She cared about her kids, her baby, and she cares about the one she's pregnant with. It just doesn't make sense," said Wood.
The family even had a gender reveal party planned for the baby on the way next month.
Anyone with information should contact either your local Sheriff’s Office/Police Department or the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office at 256-574-2610.
- Jackson County sheriff seeks missing 17-year-old pregnant woman and her son
- Jackson County sheriff: Missing pregnant teen mom, child found safe
- Jackson County Sheriff's Office: Missing 83-year-old woman found safe
- Marshall County sheriff seeks help for missing Albertville woman
- Jackson County authorities searching for missing woman
- Jackson County Sheriff’s Office seeks Skyline store armed robber
- Lawrence County family seeks answers in missing son's death
- Authorities find missing 17-year-old boy
- Jackson County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing man
- Marshall County sheriff seeks help finding missing man