A Jackson County man died while practicing landings at his home Monday evening.
Rodney Cagle, 54, crashed his plane just off County Road 411 in the Macedonia community around 7 p.m. Monday, according to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office.
Chief Deputy Rocky Harnen said Cagle was practicing landing his ultralight at his home when he crashed between his home and a neighbor's home. Cagle died at the scene, Harnen said.
The Federal Aviation Administration arrived at the crash scene Tuesday morning to investigate what may have caused it, Harnen said.
- Jackson County man killed in ultralight aircraft crash
- Jackson County man killed in Tennessee shooting
- Fish kill investigation underway in Jackson County
- Woman killed in Jackson County rollover wreck
- Jackson County man accused of killing his wife
- Two bodies recovered from crashed US military aircraft in Afghanistan
- Man killed in Colbert County crash
- Arab man killed in Cullman County crash
- Hillsboro man killed in Lawrence County crash
- Huntsville man killed in Marshall County crash