The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office has charged a Dutton man in the murder of his father.
Byron Keith Shirey, 58, was arrested Tuesday. Investigators say Byron Shirey killed his father, Charles Shirey, 78, of Dutton on May 24, 2017. He died from blunt force trauma.
The murder took place at Charles Shirey’s home on County Road 372.
Bryon Shirey was booked in the Jackson County Jail. Bond was set at $250,000.
The sheriff’s office said the arrest was the result of a two-year investigation by its criminal investigations division, the Jackson County District Attorney’s Office, Alabama State Bureau of Investigations, the Alabama Attorney General Office, and the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences.
- Jackson County man charged in murder of his father
- Suspect charged for Jackson County murder
- Son charged with father's murder in Lauderdale County
- Jackson County murder suspect posts bond
- Murder-Suicide under investigation in Jackson County
- Jackson County deputies charge second person with murder in Tennessee man's death
- Man facing drug sale charges in Jackson County
- Jackson County man faces manslaughter charge following deadly wreck
- Father charged with capital murder in adopted girl's death
- Authorities locate missing man in Jackson County